February 24, 2012

Keeping on keeping on: publishing my novel Where the HeArt is as an ebook (5): Letting people know

The log I am keeping of my efforts to let people who might be interested know about Where the HeArt is is impressively long. However, many of the items are to record contacts I have made that have not, so far, produced any results. I am told, on some of the how-to-sell-your ebook sites I look at, that a slow build is the most likely scenario. Others suggest all sort of things to do, such as emailing your entire address list several times over a couple of weeks, which I regard as spamming and have no intention of doing.

If you look at the top right corner of this blog you will see the cover of Where the HeArt is and links to Smashwords and Kindle below it. These will remain at that spot on the screen regardless of what else I post, and I just checked both those links and they work. (In case they don’t work for you, googling my name or the book title will find them.)

Any day now, I’ll do a blog entry about what I’m reading.

2 comments:

  1. sorry, been a bit slow: i posted this on smashwords a while ago, but it's only just occurred to me that i should also post something here ...

    [so somewhat re-written from the first]

    i find ann an interesting woman. she is abruptly catapulted into single status by the former partner [who is mostly "ex" throughout the book, rather than named] in the first few lines. ann manages to keep her work and personal life going, although it's clear to everyone, including her family, friends, we readers, & herself, that really she's not really engaged.

    then she loses her job, another abrupt transition. you show us that it's happening, & we can see it coming - it's much less of a surprise to the reader than to ann herself, who has been drifting.

    i like that ann has interests in painting & poetry, & that she takes the opportunity she now has to indulge her artistic interests as well as engage in an activity very familiar to nz-ers: visiting relatives (or friends) overseas. & of course she gets to know more about herself as she gets to know some of these distant relatives.

    i find the story ends satisfactorily: not "happy ever after", not absolutely settled, but with plenty of possibilities - for ann as well as the reader.

    one of the reasons for this [aside from ann's own resources & resilience] is that she has the love & support of a wide range of family [wider range than she started with] & friends. her connections & communications with her lesbian network are credible & realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alison, for these comments about my book. I love it when readers comment.

      Delete